Personalizing the “Flip”

As I’ve mentioned before, I recently got a Flip Video Camera and I’m loving it! I can’t believe I waited this long to get something to take movies! And it’s so compact and easy to take along just about anywhere!

But I digress. The flip looks very nice an sleek, but I really felt like it needed a bit of a personal touch. There are plenty of skins available in the flip store, but I thought I could do it myself – much faster and much cheaper thanks to the Silhouette Craft Cutter. Love that machine!

And it was so simple too!

Here’s the Flip as is:

P1026496[1]

Then I simply used the kiss lips from the Silhouette library, sized it to what I needed and let the machine do the rest on a bit of red vinyl scrap.

program[1]

Then I just picked out the bits I didn’t want transferred and applied to the transfer tape.

P1036503[1]

Then I just positioned the lips and applied!

P1036509[1] Voila! My customized Flip!

P1036514b[1]

This entry was posted in Crafts, Silhouette Craft Cutter, Tutorial. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Personalizing the “Flip”

1. feltsocute says:

AWESOME! Yet another reason why I can't believe I'm continuing to exist without a Silhouette! :) Great idea.

2. Elizabeth says:

I need a Silhouette and I'd love a flip too! You are a lucky girl :) This looks great! Would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday. I host every week. I am leaving the party open longer this week so that people can link up multiple projects if they wish to. Hope to see you there! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

3. Cathy says:

Ha! Love it! I did some flip flops for some of my scrapbooking equipment but I love those smoochy lips :) .

4. Saucy says:

I have been dying to personalize my flip for a while now. I want to do a cheerleading motif because I use it primarily to video my team in practice. I don't have a Silhouette but I might take it into my "decal guy"… I wonder how much he would charge :(

Crafty girls HATE paying for something they can do themselves, right?

5. Rachel says:

super cute!

6. The Autocrat: Haley says:

Way more fabulous! Thinking about doing this to my e-reader … just because I can! LOL

7. Peggy says:

I have a Silhouette but have only used it once. I love it but am intimidated by it… but this gives me some ideas to personalize our phones. 4 phones, 2 duplicates.