Sourdough Discard Granola
Of all the things you can do with sourdough discard, this is one of my very favorite! It is quick and easy, and quite delicious.
- 4 cups Old-fashioned rolled oats (NOT quick
- 1 - 1½ cups Raw nuts or seeds (I use 1/2 cup sliced almonds and 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces. Use 1 1/2 cups for larger nuts)
- 1/3 cups Sourdough discard, high hydration (Add a little water if yours is a stiffer sourdough starter.)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt, fine
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon, ground
- ⅓ cup Coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup Dried fruit, chopped if large (I use golden raisins and dried cranberries.)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix everything except the dried fruit in a large bowl, making sure the sourdough discard is worked into everything really well.
Spread on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for a total of 20-25 minutes, turning everything about half way through.It is done when everything is golden brown and fragrant.
Once the granola comes out of the oven, let it cool undisturbed for 30-40 minutes. Break up large clumps, add in the dried fruit and mix gently.
Store in an airtight container.