Homemade Tea Mix
A delicious and nutritious tea mix from (mostly) homegrown ingredients. Lovely hot or iced!
- 4 parts Roselle Hibiscus dehydrated
- 2 parts Apple dehydrated
- 1 part Rosehips dehydrated
- 1 part Mulberries (or ½ part of elderberries, or 1 part of blackberries) dehydrated
- 1 part Hyssop leaves (or a little licorice root) dehydrated
- 1 part Stevia leaves dehydrated
- 1 part Orange slices (or 1/4 part orange peel, or kumquats, or Meyer lemon) crumbled dehydrated
- 1 part Lemon Balm, or lemon grass, or lemon verbena dehydrated
- ½ part Calendula (optional) dehydrated
- ⅛ part Cinnamon bark, crumbled
- 1-2 parts Passion fruit pulp dehydrated
Mix in a bowl and keep in an airtight container.
To make the tea, use about 1 tbsp per 8 oz of boiling water. Let steep for 5 minutes and enjoy.
Package the mix in little paper or cellophane bags with a bow, for a sweet gift.
And for extra yummies - add 1 part organic gummy bears.
Yep, I know. Somewhat unexpected. The gummy bears work best when preparing the tea in a tea pot on a tea light stand. It gives the gummies more time to dissolve.